We at South Texas Bail Bonds have built a solid reputation among bail bonds agencies of the Rio Grande Valley region through our many years of dedicated service. We are aware, however, of the existence of several unscrupulous bail bondsmen operating in south Texas, who routinely take advantage of unsuspecting clients.
Caution: While most bondsmen adhere to the highest standards of integrity, it is advisable to be cautious when you encounter a new bail bonds company. In the interests of helping you protect yourself and your loved one from less-than-honest bonds agents who may lurk right here in "the Valley," we have assembled a short-list of simple bail bonds "consumer tips:"
- "Do your homework." That is, learn as much as you can about the bail-bonds process before committing to any contract.
- Only do business with a bail bondsman who is fully licensed to operate in the state of Texas. Don't simply take the bondsman's word for it, but ask him/her to show you his license and provide valid ID.
- Be sure that you are working with a bail bonds agent who will be easy to access after the bail has been posted. A legitimate, honest bondsman should have no problem in taking time to answer your questions both before and after the bail-bond transaction is made.
- Insist on getting copies of the originals of all contracts you sign and itemized receipts that list all charges.
- Your premium should be somewhere in the range of 10% to 20% of the total bail amount. There are limits to how high the fee can legally be, so be sure that these limits are not exceeded. If there are add-on fees, you should make sure they are explained to your full satisfaction.
- Do not agree to a payment plan or other contract until you are sure that you understand the terms and find them acceptable.
South Texas Bail Bonds has been a trusted name in Edinburg, Weslaco, Hidalgo County, and all of south Texas for many consecutive years. We understand the stress and difficulty of the situation you may be in and are here to help. We know how to adeptly navigate the complex legal process you will face and get you or your loved one out of jail as fast as possible.
Feel free to contact us for assistance with all of your bail bonds needs by calling us toll-free at 956-377-5381. Our office is open 24/7 for your convenience, and we will be happy to answer all of your bail bonds questions and give immediate attention to your case.